We provide information and support to women and seniors living in abusive situations to find safe options. We help raise awareness and educate the South Asian community on building healthy relationships.
Education and Awareness
- Education, Information, Awareness about Domestic violence and elder abuse, Family law in Canada, how the legal system works and on building healthy relationships
- Workshops (communicating through conflict, meditation, anger management, dealing with difficult people, financial literacy, parenting etc.)
- Help victims to navigate the system (accompany them if necessary to needed services, legal aid, court, child & family services, low income housing, etc.).
- One-on-one support, Outreach services
- Risk management/safety planning
- Referrals to professional counsellors, spiritual leaders and other service providers (if requested)
- Translation Services (in Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi and Bengali)